EPCBA’s First CLE Webinar! This First One is FREE!
COVID-19: What Employers Should Know
March 25th 12 – 1PM
CLE: 1 General (pending)
Moderator: Glenn H. Schlabs
Presenters: Ian Kalmanowitz, Gary Kramer, and Michael Kuhn
Topics will include:
- The businesses impacted by Colorado’s “state of emergency”
- The Colorado Health Emergency Leave with Pay (“Colorado HELP”) Rules issued by the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Unemployment insurance benefits that are available to employees of businesses impacted by COVID-19
- New federal legislation to address COVID-19 issues: H.R.6201- “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” and S._____- “Providing Americans Insured Days of Leave Act of 2020” (the Senate Bill doesn’t have a number yet) [I expect that by Wednesday some form of this legislation will have passed, or the crowds will be storming the Bastille]
- Coronavirus, employees, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and medical privacy issues.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom and a link will be sent out prior to the webinar. Attendees can use the chat function to ask questions during the presentation or ask questions live during Q&A. It’s free to download.
Article: “What Employers Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) By Elizabeth Chilcoat and Pat Miller of Sherman & Howard
Persons with a domestic relations background are encouraged to apply as the appointed magistrate will likely be placed in Division X which is assigned temporary orders in domestic relations cases. This vacancy is created by the appointment of Magistrate Mitchell-Helton to the District Court.
Monthly Salary: $12,353
Application Deadline: 03/23/2020
The Colorado Springs Municipal Court is closed to the public effective Thursday, March 19th, until further notice. Even though the court will be closed to the public, there will be staff available to take your phone calls to answer questions and to re-schedule court hearings by phone or email. The court and probation departments provide important and essential services to the public, and it is our goal to provide service to the fullest extent possible. Please contact Municipal Court at (719) 385-5922 to speak with a clerk regarding your case.
If you have an appointment with Probation or a concern regarding probation due dates, please contact Probation at 719-385-5923 Monday through Friday during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have been scheduled for Jury duty, please contact the Jury Commissioner at 719-385-5926 Monday through Friday during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You may be able to resolve your case by mail disposition. If you would like to pursue this option please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/municipal-court/webform/mail-disposition-form for additional information and to complete the mail disposition form.
Stir-crazy at home?
Help us provide free
over-the-phone legal advice!
The Justice Center will be offering call-in clinics every other Wednesday through the month of May, to continue to provide access to legal services during COVID-19.
We need more volunteers to be available by phone. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any callers.
If you are able to participate, we will be providing clinics during the following days and times. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1 | 7 – 9 PM
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15 | 7 – 9 PM
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29 | 7 – 9 PM
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13 | 7 – 9 PM
WEDNESDAY, MAY 27 | 7 – 9 PM