EPCBA’s First CLE Webinar! This First One is FREE!
COVID-19: What Employers Should Know
March 25th 12 – 1PM
CLE: 1 General (pending)
Moderator: Glenn H. Schlabs
Presenters: Ian Kalmanowitz, Gary Kramer, and Michael Kuhn
Topics will include:
- The businesses impacted by Colorado’s “state of emergency”
- The Colorado Health Emergency Leave with Pay (“Colorado HELP”) Rules issued by the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Unemployment insurance benefits that are available to employees of businesses impacted by COVID-19
- New federal legislation to address COVID-19 issues: H.R.6201- “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” and S._____- “Providing Americans Insured Days of Leave Act of 2020” (the Senate Bill doesn’t have a number yet) [I expect that by Wednesday some form of this legislation will have passed, or the crowds will be storming the Bastille]
- Coronavirus, employees, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and medical privacy issues.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom and a link will be sent out prior to the webinar. Attendees can use the chat function to ask questions during the presentation or ask questions live during Q&A. It’s free to download.
Article: “What Employers Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) By Elizabeth Chilcoat and Pat Miller of Sherman & Howard