Colorado Springs Premises Liability Lawyer
The places you visit day to day may not be as safe as you expect. When the dangers or risks at others’ properties cause accidents and injuries, the victims may have various options for seeking justice and compensation.
When it’s time to figure out the legal remedies available to you in the aftermath of an accident on a property other than your own, it’s time to contact Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Wm Andrew “Drew” Wills II.
Call (719) 633-8500 or Email Us
for Essential Answers & Helpful Legal Advice Regarding Your Potential Claim
Known for his experience, dedication and record of success, Attorney Drew Wills II is ready to discuss your potential claim, explain your options and help you position your claim for success.
Negligence & Premises Liability: Common Causes of Accidents on Others’ Properties
It’s no secret that accidents happen. Any number of factors can cause them, and in many cases, some form of negligence is to blame.
When negligence is involved, it can arise from the actions or inaction of property owners, building managers, landlords and/or others responsible for overseeing a property. Some common examples of this negligence include:
- Failing to clean up liquid spilled on floors
- Failing to properly remove ice and/or snow from the ground surrounding a building
- Failing to provide property security
- Failing to warn visitors about the risks that may be at a property and/or failing to block off risky areas
- Failing to repair features that are broken or in disrepair
- Failing to properly contain toxic or hazardous materials.
These and other factors can cause incidents like (but not limited to):
- Slip and falls
- Stairway accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Roof, balcony and skylight collapses
- Assaults or attacks.
These and other accidents can occur at properties like (but not restricted to):
- Amusement parks
- Concert halls and theaters
- Grocery and retail stores
- Hospitals and other medical facilities
- Public buildings
- Schools and other educational institutions.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Claim?
Just because you were hurt on someone else’s property does not necessarily mean that you have a premises liability claim. In order to have a claim, Colorado law requires that the following elements are associated with your accident or situation:
- You were a visitor or invited guest to the property. You were not trespassing.
- The accident was caused by a dangerous or risky feature at the property (and not your negligent or careless actions).
- The accident caused the injuries.
- The responsible party (like a property owner or landlord):
- Knew about the risky feature(s) or should have known about them (because a reasonable person in the same situation would have)
- Failed to fix the risky feature(s) and/or failed to warn you about them.
Contact Attorney Drew Wills II to find out if you have a claim and, if so, what parties are liable for your financial recovery.
How Much Is Premises Liability Claim Worth?
The value of a premises liability claim will depend on various factors, like the causes of the accident and the extent of the losses caused by it. In general, damages for these claims can include (but may not be restricted to) compensation for:
- Medical bills and future treatment costs
- Lost earnings and/or lost earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Mental suffering.
For more answers about the value of your potential claim, Contact Attorney Drew Wills II.
Set Your Claim Up for Success: Contact a Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer at Wills Law, P.C.
Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Drew Wills II is ready to help you pick up the pieces and pursue a premises liability claim.
Call (719) 633-8500 or email the firm (via the form on our Contact Page) to schedule a consultation and discover more about your legal options. In most cases, initial consultations are free.
With Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Drew Wills II in your corner, you can expect to have a highly competent attorney who listens, treats you with respect and keeps you informed about the progress of your case. You can also expect professionalism, integrity and the highest quality legal services while Drew works relentlessly to help you secure the best results possible.
From offices based in Colorado Springs, Attorney Drew Wills II represents clients throughout El Paso County and Colorado.