STATE OF COLORADO
4th Judicial District
EL PASO & TELLER COUNTY COMBINED COURTS
Honorable William Bain
March 16, 2020
270 S. Tejon
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Facsimile: (719) 452-5008
Notice Regarding COVID-19 (the “Novel Coronavirus”) and Court Operations:
In accordance with Chief Justice Order Regarding COVID-19 and Operation of State Courts, the 4th Judicial District will be operating on an emergency basis and only offering essential services ordered by the Chief Justice or Chief Judge.
As a result of public health preparations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, most services at both the El Paso County and Teller County courthouses are closed for regular business. Please refer to the accompanying list for instructions on how to contact the court.
VISITORS TO THE COURTHOUSE WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO ENTER FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Petitions for temporary civil protection orders and permanent protection order hearings;
- Petitions for temporary emergency risk protection orders and hearings on emergency risk protection orders.
- Petitions for the appointment of an emergency guardian and/or special conservator;
- Jurors with a summons and instructions to report.
Parties to certain proceedings, to include attorneys, witnesses, victims, law enforcement and press:
- Criminal proceedings that have not previously been continued;
- Crim.P.Rule 5 advisement for incarcerated persons and the initial setting of bail;
- Revocation hearings on complaints to revoke probation involving an incarcerated defendant;
- Proceedings necessary to protect the constitutional rights of criminal defendants including bond-related matters and plea agreements for incarcerated individuals;
- Detention hearings for juvenile delinquency cases;
- Shelter hearings in dependency and neglect cases or other juvenile proceedings;
- Hearings on motions to restrict parenting time and parental abduction prevention; and
- Emergency mental health proceedings.
If the aforementioned applies but you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days follow the instructions below:
- Witnesses subpoenaed in a case, please contact the attorney or party issuing the subpoena to explain the circumstances and discuss the options available.
- Jurors summoned to report for jury duty, please submit a postponement request as soon as possible and we will reschedule your jury service.
WHERE TO GET INFORMATION
Information regarding our operating status, including services available remotely, will be posted on our website. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Index.cfm?District_ID=4
If you have general questions regarding a case or matter, please use the contact information below.
For cases or questions in El Paso County
- Email 4thClerkofCourt@judicial.state.co.us or call (719) 452-5000
- Or, contact the division assigned to your case directly by phone
For cases in Teller County
- Email email@example.com or call (719) 689-7360
- Call your Probation Officer directly, email your Probation Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or email the Probation Department at 719- 452-5900 or email@example.com. When leaving a message, please indicate the level of urgency of your situation. Due to a high volume of calls and emails, please allow 24 hours for a response before contacting us again.
Those with a collection or payment matter
- Call (719) 452-5303 and leave a message, and someone will call you back.
Until further notice, the court will permit persons to wear surgical masks and gloves in court and probation buildings if they so desire. Persons may also bring small plastic containers of hand sanitizer into court and probation buildings.